Sunday 8 February 2009

Vue

No, it's not the cinema of the same name, it's a program by e-on Software called Vue. I first saw it in the Vue gallery at Renderosity.com, there are some amazing pictures there.

Take a look at the Vue7 Showreel below


From what I can make out it's not for creating 3D objects, more to do with creating landscapes and/or rendering. It can import objects in a number of formats and can either run stand-alone or integrate with most 3D programs. I tried running it stand-alone.

It's very easy to get into but there is a lot under the covers.

This is one of the scenes I created, just by adding a default cloud type 'Spectral Sunshine' to a new scene.



The scenes below were made from add a cloud layer (using one of the defaults) and then simply moving the sun and performing a render. The renders are only in Preview mode. On the final render I added a water layer (using the default too).









I did try to alter on of the sample scenes and add some 3D text too but when I did this the program crashed several times. It could possibly be my PC as it's only a 2GHZ processor with 500MB of memory.

I'm very impressed with the results from Vue and may well use it to create the skies for my outdoor renders.

No comments:

Post a Comment